April 28, 2012

Making GIFs

A few weeks ago I volunteered to do my employer's website. After doing my own website, I had the itch to do another. That and I can't begin to describe how awful their previous one was. It was a Flash nightmare... a constant scrolling gallery... rollovers and drop downs that never disappeared... it was bad.  


Now I'm not here to brag about how much better the site looks (though it's a vast improvement!).  I'm here to post this GIF. Initially it was supposed to be like the Brady Bunch where everyone stayed in the same spot and their heads moved. Being that there were 11 of us who needed to be incorporated, we decided it would be best if people just moved around.  It turned into a huge undertaking. There are about 30 initial images which were edited and arranged in this beast.


This was the first take, where everyone stayed in the same spot. I think I like this one a little better.  It just needed to be slowed down.


No comments:

Post a Comment