April 11, 2012

Cuppy Cake

I found this bad boy hiding in my closet!  I painted him this summer.  I had a slight (-ly huge) obsession with cupcakes for a couple years.  I have about 4 or 5 cupcake pieces in repertoire.  But this piece is going be my inspiration for this weekend.  I'm dusting off my watercolors and adding some life to my Drake's Cove concepts. 



Last school year I took beginner & intermediate watercolor with Arthur Wang (the funniest man you'll ever meet!).  As it turned out... I was pretty decent at it.  I was even nominated for a scholarship (toot toot).  Hah, I knew I didn't stand a chance against the Fine Arts Majors, but it was nice to be considered (it was like the Oscars... everyone knew Meryl Streep was going to win Best Actress this year; the other ladies didn't stand a chance!)

1 comment: