April 7, 2012

Let them eat Pattycake!

With graduation and the real world looming on the horizon, I've been updating my portfolio.  I've been going through my old folders and reminiscing about old projects.  I wanted to repost this old one because it was a fun and quick assignment.  

The first part of the project was to redesign a food label.  I chose a local vegan bakery in Columbus because I wanted to design a cupcake.  I was slightly obsessed with cupcakes for awhile there.



The second part of the assignment was to create an advertisement using a classic work of art.  Marie Antoinette was the obvious choice for me because I wanted to incorporate her famous quote (which she supposedly never actually said), "Let them eat cake."  Who doesn't love a good pun? 



No comments:

Post a Comment