April 10, 2012

A journal/planner that I designed.

  
Front & Back Cover 

I designed this as a final project last spring.  The ironic part was that I completely forgot about this until I started putting portfolios together and stumbled across it.  I was shocked.  You see, last spring was a blur.  I had two jobs, 8 classes, was a bridesmaid in 3 weddings and was lucky if I got 4 hours of sleep a night.  I was traveling every other weekend.  There was never a moment of rest.  I spent so much money on lattes...


Inside Cover

 
To Do Page 

This class was Styles & Concepts.  And it seemed like the only thing that got embedded into our heads was to take reference photos, use tracing paper and try to be a bad ass like our teacher, C. F. Payne.  The first semester I was using a lot of acrylics though I prefer digital.  By the time this project came around (it was a free for all), I said no more trace paper and no more references!  I do what I want!  I created these in Illustrator.

Monthly Page 

 Daily Notes Page

Coming up with the idea was a no brainer.  The only thing on my mind those days were dates... And how much I suck at using a planner.  As hard as I try, my brain and planners just don't work well together.  So I wanted to design something that I could use.  I can't remember why I chose the paper airplane/ banner motif (I think it might have had to do something with MIA), but I think it turned out well.  Maybe I'll make a couple more journal pages, print the book and sell it on Etsy one of these days!

Journal Entry Page

Journal Entry Page

No comments:

Post a Comment