March 22, 2012

The waterfall

Here is a quick study (really quick!) of the waterfall and Drake's treehouse.


I did this in Photoshop... AND I have a confession... As much as I LOVE Illustrator, there are just some things that make me want to use Photoshop.  I feel like a traitor!  There is a freedom that comes with Photoshop that I just can't get with Illustrator.  If I'm working in Illustrator, I need to have a finalized drawing (I don't know if anyone else is like that- it might just be my style and technique).  With digital painting, I can start with a rough thumbnail and dive right into the piece with no restrictions.  There's no way I could have made this illustration in Illustrator as quick as I did.  And for that, Photoshop is slowly creeping back onto my favorites list... however, Illustrator will always be #1 to me!!

My apologies to my non-illustration friends, who are probably completely clueless about this Photoshop vs. Illustrator rant.

No comments:

Post a Comment