March 19, 2012

Coasters

Recently I was given the assignment to design a self-promotional piece.  It was to be a quarterly mailer that advertises you (well, advertises me).  I wanted to design something that was fun and functional.  Since September, I've been working in the office (for those of you that don't know...  I've worked for the Dollries Group (interior design/space planning) for 3.5 years now and mostly remotely).  Now that I am in the office, the only thing that I really need is a coaster.  I tend to use a spare piece of 3-Form or a stack of Post-Its.  Either way, I use coasters daily.  Another handy thing for me is a calendar.

So what do you get when you combine a coaster and a calendar?  Well you get my awesomely handy coaster with a calendar on it.  In order to show off my skills and wittiness, I decided to make it a little more interesting by highlighting an odd-ball holiday for each month (ie- National Yo-Yo Day is in June). On one side of the coaster, I created a calendar and illustrated the special holiday.  And on the back there is a description of the holiday and my business info.  

So far I only have May, June and July.  But there will be more! 






Here are a couple iPhone images of the mockup.  And my business card too!



No comments:

Post a Comment