March 21, 2012

Sneak Peek

I'm still working on this piece.  This is Drake's hideout/ tree house.  It's been about a year since I've painted in photoshop.  Man was I rusty!  



Here is a page of my thumbnails.  I was working out the area around Drake's treehouse and his home.  Not all ideas will make the cut, but I'll probably be posting a couple more illustrations from this batch.  



In case you wanted some of the story: Drake is 10 years old and lives right on Loch Ness.  His tree house is located in a cove of the loch, which is about a 1/2 mile (that's .8 km to Drake, in case you were wondering) from his home.   The cove is Drake and Sadie's favorite hangout.  Sadie is his Newfoundland dog.  Together, they have the best time.  Sometimes their friend, Claire, (a human girl) plays with them too.  To be continued!


No comments:

Post a Comment