April 5, 2011

First year work at CCAD... don't judge...

I entered CCAD as a junior.  Unfortunately, at CCAD, being a junior doesn't always mean being allowed to take junior level classes.  So last year I was pretty much a freshmen fumbling back and forth through 1st year and 2nd year.  Here is some of the work I created last year.  Last year was mainly about technique... so most of this stuff is pretty boring.

My favorite work came from an Illustrator class with Mr. Botts (another awesome teacher).  Gradient meshes are pretty fun when you get the hang of them!





I had a love/ hate relationship with Illustration Methods with Leah Wong.  I'd like to say I learned a lot, but I tend to block that class out of my memory (sorry Leah...).  








And here are some oil paintings.  I was going to post some figure drawing, but I'm not sure if nudes are appropriate for posting online...









No comments:

Post a Comment