April 5, 2011

Fall 2010

Here are some things I created last semester.  I admit, I really enjoy how illustration can cross over into design.  This should be no surprise with my background.


Advertising/ Graphic Design with Bode:

Book cover redesign of Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain (Illustrator)
How-to poster (Illustrator & Photoshop)

Target gift card design (Photoshop)

Ad series for US Green Build Council: LEED for Homes (Illustrator)



Design for Illustration with Tam Peterson:

Dog Illustration: focused on detail, adornment and texture (Illustrator)

Mario Illustration (Illustrator)

Rip Van Winkle Illustration for a pop-up card (watercolor & Photoshop)


Electronic Illustration with Stewart McKissick:

Children's spot illustration (Illustrator & Photoshop)


Label redesign for Pattycake Vegan Bakery (Illustrator)

Advertisement for Pattycake Label redesign (Photoshop)


Illustration Styles and Concepts with Chris Payne:

Egg Study (acrylic)

Master's head studies (acrylic): Tara McPherson & Gary Kelley

Postage stamp design of the state where I was born (acrylic)

Illustration focused on communication (photoshop)

I was a fool and did two pieces for the communication project.  I only turned in the one above.
This one was done in Illustrator (no I did not use Live Trace).


I will be posting more from these classes because these classes are a year long... which makes absolutely no sense to me & is so so SO frustrating... I mean, why not just have (2) 3 credit hour classes each semester, instead of (4) 1.5 credit hour classes???  Then students would only have less project to worry about each week.  Therefore students would create better, more focused pieces, get more sleep AND not kill themselves trying to schedule their classes.  I'm only venting about this because I have (7) 1.5 credit hours classes that are a year long... fml.

No comments:

Post a Comment